As someone who doesn't have naturally flat box splits, I wanted to share with you my favourite stretch which will help your box splits dramatically... So I first learnt this stretch at an ALDC Masterclass I attended last summer, and I've basically done it every day since!
Stand with your feet in a wide second position
Bend your knees and place your hands on your thighs- for the best stretch try and get a right angle between your shin and the floor and then a right angle between your shin and your thigh
With your hand and arms, try and push your thighs apart as far as you can
One you get really good at this, you can use your elbows instead of hands, pushing your inner thighs out while trying to tuck your bum under into a more traditional ballet plié.
You can do lots of variations of this, including lunges from side to side using your elbow to push your leg out!
Do this everyday and your box splits should get much better!
Atlanta :)
No comments:
Post a Comment